Monday, May 12, 2008

Forget Taco Tuesday, It's Taco Weekend!

This weekend I definitely had my fill of taco. On Saturday, Kevin and I went to El Taquito Mexicano, aka "Taco Truck" for some killer street tacos. Seriously, they are the bomb and if you go on Yelp, it's on there. I like the carnitas the best, but they were out!!! Regardless, I had 7 tacos... which left me pretty full but they're so worth it.

Then last night, I went with my parents down to my aunt's house in Laguna Niguel for a Mother's Day dinner and because one of my cousin's from Australia was in town. There was SO MUCH food. Chinese rice noodles, oyster pancakes (a Taiwanese dish), potato salad, meatballs, cold Chinese beef (forgot what the actual name is), and as you can probably guess from the post title, tacos. Yes, a pretty interesting mix of food. There was grilled chicken and carnitas, with onions and cilantro, and guacamole that my aunt made. So needless to say, because I didn't get any carnitas at Taco Truck, I loaded up on the carnitas. I think I had another 7 or 8 tacos. Along with all the other food, I was stuffed. And then there was dessert. Fruit salad with whipped cream and from Trader Joe's, a flan and chocolate cake parfait. It was good. A layer of chocolate cake, then flan, then a thin layer of chocolate ganache and topped with whipped cream and caramel sauce. I think I had about 2 1/2 pieces of that. So I was full!!

Seriously though, if you have a chance, go check out Taco Truck. Everybody that's local to San Marino knows about it.

No comments: